Weird Question

For the past two months, about two weeks or so, before my period is supposed to start (when it decides to show) I have start having pains in my left hip area. Reminds me of a cramp from sitting with my leg curled under me for too long. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem. 

Don't bother wasting your time suggesting going to a doc ... no insurance (private or government) and definitely don't have the $$$$ to pay for one. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 9:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• OMG...YES, I've never talked to anyone else that ever had this particular problem. Doctors all thought I was a hypochondriac and couldn't never tell me what caused it. I just know it was very real. Years later I was talking to an older women who said it was caused from the opposite side ovary. I never had it checked but just felt better that anyone/someone had some idea of what it was. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• sometimes, the changes in hormone levels will cause a combination of constipation with diarrhea later or just one of the two. If the pain occurs on the left, it could be due to constipation related pain in the descending colon. Or if it is closer to the time of ovulation it could be mittleschmirz, although it usually alternates one ovary to the other and not continually on one side.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've had that since I started having periods almost 10 years ago. I've heard it's caused by the opposite ovary, as well, but my doctors all thought I was just hurting really bad and thinking that the pain was coming from one spot more than others.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I get it but I get cysts in my ovaries...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Have you had kids...My Dr. told me that the more children you have, the more aware you are of what it is happening in your body. You most likely are feeling yourself ovulate.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's weirdly comforting that others have this problem. This is the second month that it has happened. Thanks for that info jewjewbee. I looked it up and it does ease off when I take aleve or ibuprofen.

Momforhealth ... I've had one kid at 16 and that was almost 25 years ago and this is a new problem.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• you are most certainly welcome.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I get that same pain but worse, as if someone is stabbing me there with a hot poker, but I have had multiple cysts on both ovaries and have had to have surgery once.
    DSNMomma

Answer by DSNMomma at 2:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011