Need something besides sudafed for my sinus infection what is there?

ive tried everything and now i found a dayquil/nyquil sinus med but afraid to try it because i dont know if its ok for the baby

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Call your doctor. If you have a sinus infection you may need antibiotics, or the doctor can prescribe something that would be safe. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ask your doctor or pharmacist. They should know what's OK to take. (You don't say if you're pregnant or breastfeeding - the answers will be different.) Saline nose sprays are always safe. Have you tried a Netty Pot?
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do a neti pot. Use warm water with a teaspoon of sea salt. It always clears it out for me. If that does not help, go to the Dr. for anti-biotics. Nyquil works for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• OH..you are pregnant...call your Dr first about the Nyquil because I think it has alcohol in it. Boil some water and put a few drops of tea tree oil in it and put a towel over your head and breath deep...as much through your nose as possible...and then blow really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You NEED to see your Doc b/c you probably need an antibiotic!!! Do not take ANY meds unless your doc says it's OK!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011