What else to do with 14 month old son?

We play on the floor with musical toys, rattle type toys, etc.... Just getting manogamous day after day!

Amanda11810

Asked by Amanda11810 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 14 months my daughter was coloring, have you started crafts with him? All sorts of simple things you can make & the new supplies will stimulate his imagination.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Gross motor play if you can get out is a lot of fun so walking/running, riding toys, kicking and throwing balls, etc. Shape sorters, reading stories, cause and effect toys, blocks, pots and pans...the world is full of wonderful things to explore and do. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Story time at the library I started my daughter at 14 mths of age. My daughter loved it, It starts there social skills and play skills.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Me and my 16 month old play hide a seek. I will sit him in the kitchen and then run to the living room and hide and i jump out and he thinks it is so funny and we do this over and over again. I just hide in different spots so he comes in the living room thinking i was were i hid last time and I'm not.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Teach him his ABC's - I've been singing the ABC's to my kids since they wetre born and now at 1 & 2 they sing it with me.
    play with wooden blocks - my daughter likes me to stack them for her to knock down. My son likes to stack with me as high as we can get it.
    teach him to count - my 2 yr old already counts to 10 and is learning how to count to 20. I started when he was barely one on a road trip to occupy him. Using my fingers to simulate each number.
    read to him -
    So crafts
    Roll the ball back and forth
    Use riding/walking toys
    Play chase
    Have him help you make a baked treat
    Color or paint
    Play with Playdough
    Build Forts
    Watch movies/Educational TV programs (PBS)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Coloring, story time, rolling a ball back and forth, singing songs, ABC time, maybe even just some quiet time where you sit together and mommy reads quietly while baby reads or plays quietly.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• make home made maracas, dipsie cups a few beans and some duct tape. have him put the beans in the cup =)
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011