Can you fake any accents?

What are they? Have you ever used them to trick anyone?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If I hear an accent I can copy it, I don't know how good it is but I have fooled my sisters MIL, she called my sis and I answered and used an english accent and said my name was Sarah and she bought it, and then called back and I said it was Sarah again and she bought it, then called again and I was Sarah again and cursed her out and when she started to freak out at me I busted up laughing and told her it was me.
    I copy my friends accent from philly and she thinks its spot on
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Nope not good at this trick lol I sound all funny & goofy & out of place when I attempt something of the sort!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't try to trick anyone with them but yes, I can do accents. I can do various American and Canadian accents as well as British and eastern European.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Not an accent but I can do cartoon voices real well. DH swears I sound like Dudley Do-Right and can make some of my own...I am my own cartoon (lol)!
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used to be able to do a British accent, but not so much anymore. My sister and I used to walk through the store talking in accents.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I can do a great British Accent. I used to do it all the time in school LOL i've always been fascinated with accents....
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• A little bit. Country and Russian are pretty easy for me. I used to mess with people in Junior High but that's about it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I can only do it when I am repeating something from like a movie. My husband thinks its crazy how good I do. My only "trick" though is pretending to do Chinese. I can really make it sound like I am talking Chinese, but if a Chinese person EVER heard me, I'm sure they would either be pissed or make fun of me! Plus, that is the only accent I can fake (a Chinese person speaking English).
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hehe. I wish I could actually SPEAK in correct English ...... Seriously, I have a hard hard time getting rid of my
    heavy Spanish accent.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sometimes when I am talking to my Mexican husband I speak English like he does with his charming accent..:)
    One time I watched a bunch of Mexican/American teenagers discuss me and my actions in a grocery store (I am 57 and had some questions about making out a check..) A Mexican check out girl yelled over to the girl who was near me in the next line wanting to know what I was complaining about...Before the Mexican American chick had a chance...I turned around to her and said in pretty darn good Spanish..".Ï want you to know I understand EVERYTHING you are saying..I am married to a Mexican and I was a bilingual teacher for nine years...She just nodded and as I went out the Mexican girl was just staring at me..like WOW...I smiled at her and kept on walking...
    Am I bad? :)
    The next time I came in the girl I talked to glanced over at the guy I had been having the conversation with the last time...I avoided her like the plague...
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 10:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2011