Not normal sexually? adult content

I dont think Im normal when it comes to sex. It is super hard for me to get aroused, clitoral play hurts more often than not, I dont get pleasure from oral sex or vaginal intercourse, and I can only orgasm if I use a vibrator... but its not on my priority list, so it only happens once or twice a month.
I am normal health wise, not on any medication, not stresed, and I only have non-hormonal birth control.
What could be going on? Does anybody else experience this 'lack of pleasure'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Tell your gyno because she could check your hormones and give you a pill with some balance. Get rid of the toy because I hear those can be damaging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Same here. Husband hates it, obviously... I rack it up to being molested at age 4.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't think that you are not normal. Every woman's body is different so maybe your hubby hasn't fully figured out what you need & like. It's always a good idea to talk to your Dr.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It could be hormones, or it could be a psychosomatic type thing- vaginismus comes to mind. I was diagnosed with vaginismus when my pain couldn't be attributed to anything else. I am VERY sensitive down there, and just the lightest touch from a doc or nurse can make me scream in pain(I try to hold it in for certain, I'm totally not a drama queen, but I SWEAR it feels like they are ripping me open). I'd talk to the doc for sure, though. Good luck, Mama!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Have a complete blood count and vitamin and mineral blood level panel done to check to see if you are deficient in one or more of the key vitamins and minerals that are required by the body to support the nervous and vascular systems. What makes me think you are nutritionally deficient is your description of pain when touched, which is an indicator of a malfunctioning nervous system.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If clitoral stimulation hurts - that is NOT normal. I would definitely bring it up to your gyno - look at the symptoms for vulvodynia as well as having your hormone levels and perhaps some other blood panels - I saw a show on mystery diagnosis about a lady that described a lot of what you are saying and had vulvodynia.

Although I love the toys, you can definitely "get used" to only being stimulated that way and it makes it hard to climax any other way. I would suggest using a lubricant so you don't have any friction down there and encourage your partner to ramp up the foreplay to get you more in the mood. The average woman "they say" needs about 20 minutes of foreplay to get things moving, I definitely agree with that.

I would say pain or discomfort is NOT a normal thing.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011