Any suggestions on a Double Stroller??

My son will be 3 years old soon and I have one on the way. I am looking to buy a double stoller that will allow me to lock in the infant car seat...there are so many choices. Do you like the side by side? or the front & back? or the sit & stand? Or do I really not even need one?? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!

CSUZANNE813

Asked by CSUZANNE813 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• OMG!!! Double strollers are tough to push, so buy a very light weight one. I purchased one, and it was hard pushing around.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• At 3 my kids were walking well by themselves. There were a few times when I either wore the baby and pushed the older one or they just crowed themselves in to the stroller.

If I were doing it over again, I would go with the sit & stand.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We stopped using the stroller with my twins when they were 3. Side-by-side works best when the weight in both seats are about the same. I'm thinking a used sit & stand might be best as I'm thinking you'll not use it very much.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used the sit and stand. It worked very well and I was able to use it even after the Baby was out of the infant carrier.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My kids are 19 months apart. When they were little I got a Maclaren side-by-side. It's the same width as a wheel chair. The front to back strollers make it difficult to turn when the older and heavier kid is in the front. I loved the Maclaren brand because they are light weight but very durable. We used the stroller until my youngest was 5. Especially when we went to Disney.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I never needed a dbl stroller, but I have seen lots of people using them at the local zoo and I would do a side by side that reclines back. I have seen many a child fight over who sits in the front, because the view is better. The reclining back is so if one or both gets tired at the zoo, park, or wherever you go for extended times, you can lay them back so they can rest.

Good Luck!
    DSNMomma

Answer by DSNMomma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I always preferred the side by side due to easy interaction and also good visibility to both. I went in for the Maclaren Twin Triumph Stroller from ababy.com. It is the best that I found. The stroller has ample features like, a hood, rain cover, and a storage basket. It has other features of brake and foam system which I did not find in any other. It a definitely a worthwhile investment and very well designed stroller.

morrisfrancoise

Answer by morrisfrancoise at 4:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011