How can I decrease the amount of static on my couch?

Every time I get off my couch I get Shocked by whatever I touch next. Be it my husband the coffee table etc. And it is a powerful shock...it hurts. Is there anything I can do?

ErinaM

Asked by ErinaM at 10:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• There are a couple of things that comes to mind . First try a dryer sheet! sounds weird but it works. Just take it and rub your sofa or chair or anything else. It also works for your hair or to rub on your clothes! Also try spraying a little hair spray on it. They both work have done it myself.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 11:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Spray fabric softener on it. You can use Downey Wrinkle Relief. It works great on some fabrics in place of ironing too.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 11:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Rub it with a dryer sheet, spray it with anti-static spray, mist the floor with water from a simple spray bottle, run a humidifier.
    When all else fails, if you know the shock is coming then make a habit of touching something with your elbow or forearm as you stand up. It won't hurt as much as your fingers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• dryer sheets under the cushions will help
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2008