Why is drinking water such a chore?

I know that drinking water is healthly for you but why o why is it such a chore to drink??
I swear everytime I drink water I want to close my mouth and spit it out.

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I never get thirsty until the evening, and then I can and do drink glass after glass. I've tried drinking it throughout the day but cannot hardly force it down. If you wait until you are thristy does that help at all?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Maybe ice water (or cold water) would be easier to drink. A friend of mine fills a big glass with ice and water early in the day and sips it every time she walks past it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've been known to go several months without drinking water. The main reason, for me, is the taste. Where I grew up, the water was extremely pure and clean and had an almost sweet taste to it. The water where I now live is nasty. It tastes funny, and there's something about the film it leaves on any glass surfaces it touches that makes me wonder what it's doing to my insides. I refuse to PAY for bottled water; that just seems so outrageous to me. So unless I have a very good reason to do so, I stick to drinks I enjoy.
    SnowLepp

Answer by SnowLepp at 10:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I hear ya!! I know I need to drink water but have no interest in it. I don't dislike it so at least that is good.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• you can always flavor it with lemon juice or a few frozen berries or even a few slices of cucumber. I don't recommend things like diet drinks like crystal light because the artificial sweeteners really aren't healthy for you.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• get a straw, or add lemons (makes your skin glow if you add lemons), get edible flowers and add it to your ice cubes like little violets, Or they have those little plastic colored cubes you can freeze, get those little water flavor thingys and add some flavor...?? as long as you are drinking its good. Its the sugary sodas and juices that is bad.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Honestly, I used to have the same issue! So I started keeping cold water in a thermos at my side all the time. I figured out that I will drink it when I don't have to work for it, or that I'll drink it rather than having to go make something else to drink like tea or something.

Another thing I started doing is I got a very small glass (just 6ozs) and drink that at the top of each hour of my day, it's barely two mouthfuls, but when you do a little at a time, it makes a huge difference. I mean you figure if you are awake 18 hours a day, and only drink 6oz an hour you're still drinking 108oz of water a day...

You may also want to get yourself a good water filter. I know that made a difference for me too. Cause I hated the taste of our local water... OR add a small amount of lemon or lime to change it up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used to add crystal light to the water when I lived in AZ because the water there ust tasted horrible to me. Luckily Seattle has great cold water!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dunno, other than it is just yucky LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Since it's not tasty, it's not very enjoyable.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011