MEN! UGGGH!

Why is it that men do 1 chore and want soooo much praise? As Moms we do so many things a day we lose count. There is nobody to tell us GREAT JOB at every turn of our day. Then when we get a little frustrated and say we need a break from our children and daily routine it's considered being selfish.

KoolMom617

Asked by KoolMom617 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I know the feeling all too well, but I think my problem with that is "fixed" my SO and I "broke up" for about 4months, in which time he was left to take care of everything including our 2yr old all by himself while I went to Washington to take care of my dad. He ended up staying at home (being full time stay home daddy). And during this time he actually told me that he now understands how I felt and what I went threw (difference is I went threw more because at the time we had anywhere from 1 to 4 children in the house ALWAYS he only had to "deal" with 1 child) but he now mostly understands and actually helps me even though he's the one that goes to work all day....
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 10:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know, right? I feel bad when I do ask him to do anything because I'm reminded that he's the one that goes to work...Like I want to be a physical wreck and have to be home?! I do love when they make such a big deal about doing something and then take credit for other things that I've done. Ugggh is right.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's if they do any chore.... my ex promised to fix some things at the house but "got side tracked" I asked for 1 hour to take a break (a bubble bath to cry) and he said "all I do is sit at home and relax" I could have killed him. So I stopped doing the dishes, cooking, and cleaning up after him. He got my point real quick haha
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ha ha- that's pretty funny. My DH was like that when we first got together, now he definitely pulls his weight around here, and he is the one praising me, telling me what a great wife and mom I am for doing the "terribly hard job" of being a SAHM. lol I don't expect him to do a lot, but he does way more than his minimum, which is super sweet. I always tell him how much I appreciate him and the things he does for the family :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• LoL funny! DH is the same way...if he puts the dishes in the sink for me he acts like he just lifted an 18 wheeler over his head with one hand!! lol But I try to indulge him since he works so hard to bring home the bacon lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011