Is there an easy way to get my son to start sleeping in his bed again??

Dumb me didn't listen and let my son start sleeping in my bed. Now when I him in his bed, he screams and cries. Is there an easier way to do this???

Nolansmomma07

Asked by Nolansmomma07 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We go through bouts of this with Connor, 2.5 years. We just tell him he has to sleep in his big boy bed and that Chloe (she's 11 months, they share a room)gets lonely at night when he sleeps with Mommy and Daddy. It works. He's one in our room when he has bad dreams or is sick, but getting him back into his own bed takes a few nights.

So to answer your question, no, there probably isn't an easier way to do this :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It may not be easy, but what you have to do is put your son in his bed. When he gets up, don't say anything to him, just put him back in his room. Don't lay down with him or he won't want you to leave (most likely). It may take a million tries, but eventually he will get used to sleeping in his own bed.
    Jeny_Reynolds

Answer by Jeny_Reynolds at 11:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2008