Embarrassing Question

Has anyone ever dealt with anal itching. I have anal itching and have a doctors appt. soon. What on earth, why does my butt itch? I have to go to the bathroom and make a wad of toilet paper and rub my butt till it bleeds sometime just to temporarily relieve the itch. I did google but wanted to know if anyone experienced this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• If you see blood, the skin tissue has been damaged. You may have fissures and they could be healing which causes itching or you may not be fully clean. After using dry toilet paper (but not excessively), use a soft washcloth to gently clean thoroughly after you have a bowel movement. Dry yourself completely afterwards. Be gentle or you could make the problem worse.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Itching indicates irritation. It could be from diarrhea, hemorrhoids, an infection, chemical irritation, wiping too hard or too frequently, or any of a number of irritants (including excessive moisture). Nonoluna gives excellent advice to which I might only add a touch of A&D ointment until you can get to the doctor.
    SnowLepp

Answer by SnowLepp at 10:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• it could be worms also.... have you looked at your poo ( I know tmi)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh my GOSH! Worms? I'm sooo scared, but still appreciate your comment. Yikes! Can't wait for that doctor's visit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• WOW- if you are Wiping with Toilet Paper until it Bleeds you are making it Alot Worse- use Moist Wipes- (like Baby Wipes or Summers Eve has some for Itching) PreparationH,  has some too with Witch Hazel in them; they will Help Alot- You can also get some Cortizone-10 Cream- Try some of these- you will get some Relief- Hope you feel better soon:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011