If you are divorced how is your relationship with ex mil?

It seem like me and my ex mil and I get alng more now than we did when I was married to her son. She hates his new wife, and talks about her to me all the time. In a way I feel bad for the new wife, because at one time that used to be me. I'm sure that my ex mil used to talk all that crap about me to other people when I was married to ex husband. I also enjoy our new friendship. Is this wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Honestly if I were to divorce my husband I would never see his mom again and be very glad of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's non-existent, in fact...probably worse than before. She favors my DD's older brother (not my son) over my DD. She never cared to see my DD ever. It's been 2 months since she has seen her, yet she begs for her other grandson to spend the weekends over there. She is a crazy, selfish bitch. So, i don't bother with her ever....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's not wrong, but the new wife probably doesn't like it. I would keep my distance out of respect, but still keep in touch with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I haven't seen or spoke to her since the day she said she would retire, get custody of our boys, and raise them herself.. That was 5 yrs ago, and she's still working, and my ex, her son, is still living with her because he can't hold a job...
    I have Sole physical custody, remarried, and very happy. Our boys see her on scheduled visits they have with their Father. They don't know anything about what she said, and never will, but it hurt me, and I don't forgive easily...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am cordial to her but I do not trust her. She has a history of being nice to me to my face (usually) but being very nasty about me behind my back. I don't really engage with her much but most of her contact with my son is at my home since his father spends very little time with him so I have some level of contact with her so that she can stay in his life. She is very good to my son so I can overlook her two-faced nature as long as she continues to be good to him, I just keep it in mind in my dealings with her.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My ex-MIL tolerates me better now than before and says she doesn't blame me for divorcing him. He does nothing for his daughter -- and MIL "acts" so concerned, yet we have been on our own for almost 4 years now and she never helped us at all! Instead, she gives her grown-ass son money. At Christmas, when my DD didn't want to go to her (because she BARELY knows her), my ex-MIL tells my DD, "If you don't come give me a hug, I'm going to take back ALL your Christmas gifts.(By "ALL" -- do you think she meant that ONE small stuffed puppy??). I loved that my DD told her to keep it, "cos I have lots of puppies." :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We have no relationship. She never liked me from the start. I just gritted my teeth and dealt with her when I had to. She chose not to be a grandma to my children. She cut off my 2 children who live with me and my 15 yr. old son who has been living with his dad for 1 yr. & 8 mos. gets birthday & xmas money. That is about it. And they are her only grandchildren!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dont have one with her.

Answer by gemgem at 12:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would prefer to not have a relationship with her...but I must for my son.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We get along fine.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011