I have alot of questions about pregancy so if you see alot of questions im just wondering... well first ive heard its better to sleep on ur left side because the blood flows faster but i get incomfortable real quick an fall asleep on my right side i was wondering will that make the blood go slow an is it bad?

Suzzii

Asked by Suzzii at 10:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, it's fine. It is true that sleeping or lying on your left is better, but until you get bigger or if you have a circulation problem it will be fine. Plus any way you can be comfortable and get some sleep is great. I've even woken up on my stomach during my pregnancies and had three healthy babies. As fragile as they are, babies are tough too, and they are well protected in there.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If you have had any miscarriages then sleep on your left side. Or if you start having any problems
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I slept however I wanted, and my baby girl came out perfect and I had no problems that were caused because I was sleeping on my right side instead of the left.
    Find what's comfortable to you, and relax. Sleep now, because you won't be doing much of that here soon!
    New_Mom09

Answer by New_Mom09 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It's ok to sleep on whatever side, just when you start getting big (think 6-7 months or more) you do NOT want to sleep on your back or your belly. Either side is fine tho
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Ask all the questions you want, it's OK. That's what us moms are here for! As for this one, either side is OK. Like the other posters, I too slept all kinds of crazy ways and all three of mine were perfectly healthy. Now as for the way my daughter's sleep, well I'm still trying to figure out where they get that from.................lol lol confused

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• sleeping on ur right side is okay, as long as ur not on ur back, cuz that can harm ur circulation, and not on ur stomach squishign the baby. i dont like sleeping on my left either, right side is fine.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• idk,but i always sleep on my right side too..i try to sleep on my right as much as possible but i get more tired on that side so i switch to my right..and sleeping on my back is more comfortable as well
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Sleeping on your right side puts pressure on your kidneys, but as much as pregnant women (myself included) move around I'm sure it wouldn't harm anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2008