*please do not judge* can anyone relate to having a s/o that is living the "street life" if so, if you dont agree with it how to do you continue on in the relationship?

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• what is the street life? like homeless? squatting? gangster? drugs? which part of "street life"... though if i didn't agree with it i wouldn't deal with any of it
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's a hard one. I had a relationship like this & it didn't work. 2 different planets! I had to leave him. I can't deal with 'street life' it's horrible. At least my experience with it was painful, hurtful, etc.

I hope that you are ok.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had a situation like that and after some time it became obvious I couldn't live that way so I broke it off. When you're young and dumb it can seem like fun for a while, thanks to pop culture and music videos, but it becomes tedious when you're the only one working while him and his dumbass friends are partying it up and running up the bills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes I can. I dumped him! He was into being a gang member and I was just someone who grew up and realized even though I had a child with him it was time for me to start taking responsibility for myself and child. I moved back home to Mom and Dad and continued to go to work. It took a couple of years but I finally moved out into my own apartment.
    He actually hasn't seen my DD since she was 9 months.
    But when my DD turned five I met a wonderful man. And we have been together for almost seven years now, married for six of those years.

idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had a relationship like that when i was 17/18. I was on my own & i let him stay with me for a while. Well, that turned into a whole year....he never got a job...all he did was drugs & party & stayed out all night & hung with his loser street friends.

I loved him, he actually was a sweet, kind man. But he was also a loser. I got fed up with taking care of him & although i did love him, i kicked his ass out. I was done dealing with a man that could not BE A MAN.

He is only going to change if he WANTS to change. He won't change just because you might want him to. You may love him, but you should ALWAYS love yourself more. You deserve better IMO. Unless you want constant stress & heartache, i would recommend moving on & finding a guy who knows how to be responsible. Irresponsible men are not REAL men.....they are little dumb boys. Get a real man, you'll enjoy him much better.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Make him choose, you or that life. NOTHING GOOD can come from THAT life style, why bother?
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You can't change him, and he'll only change if that's what he wants. So if you know you can't live that life, why bother with it? It is not a productive lifestyle, and I definitely wouldn't want my kids growing up around it. Personally, I would run, and run hard. Good luck, Mama.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:09 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would end it for my children's sake at leasty.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Think about your child and leave. I didn't have a kid when I was with a man like that yet I still had made the decision to leave based off the fact I realized I couldn't bring a child into that lifestyle. My friends have tried and it always ends in heartbreak. Do what's best for your kid AND you and leave, unless he'll give up the street life but to many of those men, that's all they know.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011