Need some ideas!

I have to throw a bridal shower for my sister. I have only attended three showers before, one of which was my own. I am wanting to do something a little different for her. She just had a baby shower and we are doing a joint bachelor bachelorette party with games, so i don't think we want to do games unless we get a great idea. What would be a unique thing to do? what have you ladies done before? any answers are much appreciated!!

Mrs.KV

Asked by Mrs.KV at 10:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well, if she just had a baby this might be a really good idea for you. Every bride to be needs some relaxation time, especially one with a baby! So have a "spa" bridal shower. I don't know what your budget is, if you want to spend a bit you could hire a masseuse to do scalp massages or someone from a spa to do pedicures. (Students at beauty schools are usually cheap and looking to make an extra buck!) If you wanted to go cheaper than that, just buy the materials to do the pedicures, manicures, facials and let the women do it themselves and on each other. Have lots of snacks around for people to munch as they mingle. Light lots of candles everywhere to add to the ambiance, I attended a shower like this and it was so much fun. So I threw a "spa" shower for my SIL when she got married.

Another idea, depending on your crowd, is having a "Slumber Party" (the adult novelty kind not an actual sleep over!)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• when I got married everyone put together a recipe book for me. They all wrote out their favorite recipes and then my mom put them in a book. We also did a box were people put tips on how to have a good marriage.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• o I am wanting to base my speech on some "great" marriage tips .... and i really like the recipe book idea... I would have liked that, i heard about that one with my cousin and she seemed to really like it too. thanks for the reply!!
    Mrs.KV

Comment by Mrs.KV (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• thanks bootsky that is unique! i appreciate the answers so far thanks ladies... if anyone else has anyothers I would love to hear them!
    Mrs.KV

Comment by Mrs.KV (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• any other ideas out there?
    Mrs.KV

Comment by Mrs.KV (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011