Could i be pregnant even though my tubes are tied?

i had my tubes tied 3 years ago after having my fourth child.the past few months i have noticed that i'm eating alot more.i have been really moody and my belly is getting bigger.i also started having hemmroids,which i never had with any of my other pregnacies.i still have my period,but they don't last as long and arent heavy like they use to be.i took a test a few days ago and it was negative.could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dont think so.
    But ask you Dr.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That is highly unlikely given the length of time since you had the procedure. If you are really concerned, go get a blood test. Also, there's a test you can have done to check the patency of your fallopian tubes involving an injection of contrast medium into the cervix and a scan of the area to see where the medium can go and where it can't.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You could and it could be tubal so call your dr.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Probably not. Tubals show up as a positive test. There are other conditions that can cause those symtoms as well. PCOS, endometreosis, and so many others...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• you could be! I don't know what type you had done, but I had the elastics put on my tubes, and from what I've heard, doctors are seeing women's tubal of that type fail after 10 years. Not everyone, but there seems to be a connection with the 10 year mark with that procedure.

I got pregnant after reaching the 10 year mark with mine. they most likely do not fail, but like just about everything in life, it's not 100%.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i think anything is possible
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's not completely unheard of, it HAS happened before, but it's unlikely. I would also be concerned with the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, in this case. I would test if I were you, just to be sure.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My doctor told me that *IF* a Tubal Ligation was going to "fail" it would fail between years 3 and 5.....you very well COULD be pregnant and/or have a tubal pregnancy. Call your OBGYN.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011