Single mom and money

I am a single mom and live on very little, I did get my job I been wanting but its only for a sub right now but its getting my foot in the door, but my question is, how do you manage when your only living on a little and you got car repairs and kids playing sports? I think its important for my son to play. How do you make it, budget etc. I dont have anyone to help me out, and its driving me crazy, I am trying to be postive but its hard. Help how do you do it, I sure could use some advice or a friend that is going through the same things. Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 11:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Check out Dave Ramsey's website. I may have spelled his name wrong - but he's the go-to guy for this.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thanks so much
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I go through the same thing. I'm a single mom and my son is 3. I pay everything by myself. car, rent, food, son's needs and I hardly have money for myself but I make it work by budgeting everything according to the dates that they are due. most bills don't have to be paid the first of the month so you just have to write up how much everything is and when it needs to be done. once it's on paper it doesn't seem that overwhelming even though it certainly is. Try to find some time for yourself as well. take a walk or exercise at home to boost your mood. good luck. IM if you need to talk. i'm all ears. good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Bugz thanks I will do that.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011