Single moms and money

I am a single mom and live on very little, I did get my job I been wanting but its only for a sub right now but its getting my foot in the door, but my question is, how do you manage when your only living on a little and you got car repairs and kids playing sports? I think its important for my son to play. How do you make it, budget etc. I dont have anyone to help me out, and its driving me crazy, I am trying to be postive but its hard. Help how do you do it, I sure could use some advice or a friend that is going through the same things. Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 11:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have had to borrow money from family. I used up my savings when I first got divorced, trying to keep up payments on the credit card bills I had from our marriage. I wanted to keep my perfect credit score. Then I had to make a choice between feeding my kids and keeping a roof over their head's or paying those bills. Chose my kids, of course.

Look at your budget and see if there is anything you can cut. We have no cable. I have an internet/phone bundle. A family cell phone plan, that is the least expensive I could find in our area. My car is old so I only have liability ins. I use coupons& buy sale items. Try to find free or low cost things to do. Make my own cleaning supplies. Walk instead of drive when I can. Things like that.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dont have cable or internet, your thinking then how is she on here, Thankful I get it from my neighbor. I have a cheap pre-paid cell phone that i need for my job. I only have liability too. Thanks for your help.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• What about finding another single mom to share a home with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011