My son , school problem.

My son has been doing pretty we in middle school. But this is his last year and he has been goofing off some. and not doing as well. What will happen next year, will they keep him mainstreamed , or will they put him in a special class. I will ask his teachers but I like to go in prepared, so please prepare me .Thanks

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 11:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would find out what the goofing off is all about...sit down with the teachers and ask questions about his behavior. Are his grades failing? Does he still do his homework? Have you gotten any notes sent home from the school? I had to call a meeting myself once when my son was in middle school. I received a progress report from the school and instantly saw that my son's grades in his English class were sorry...and I mean like 14 F's on the report. That's a lot in my opinion...and I NEVER received any kind of note from that teacher telling me about it. I was livid. To me, that's a sign of a problem and the teacher should have seen that too. Just ask questions...it's important.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Why wouldn't he be mainstreamed? Goofing off at this age is normal, most all kids do. But consequences need to be enforced when his goofing off has a negative affect on his grades
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• "Goofing Off", "Mainstream", "Special Class"....you need to give people the back ground to your son or we can't answer the question properly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think you need to discipline him more for bad grades. You also should decide how you feel about him having to take special classes and be ready to defend that opinion if the school disagrees. I would think that he would just have to repeat the grade, which would fix him having friends to be distracted by!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011