Do you ever skip seeing a Dr. ?

Many people don't have insurance, some can't afford co-payments
Do you avoid going to the doctor because you can't afford it?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• yes.. we dont have insurance (the kids do).. but i am forcing myself to go see a specialist on friday because of my wrist (it needs surgery).. usually unless i am dying i wont go .. even if i had insurance ha.. i hate doctors, unless of course i am pregnant which i am not hahaha
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have....especially for something you know that will run it's course...no matter what you do.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No I don't avoid it because I can't afford it. The last time I missed was because my DD was sick and in the hospital. I was so occupied with what was going on with her that I didn't go. Since then I have not rescheduled either.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I avoid going to the doctor because I hate the doctor. >.>
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yes,and I have some serious health problems going on. The clinic I go to goes by your income however I need an ultrasound and they wont get one done until I cough up $50 then the rest will be 250 I would have to pay that in twom months or less I just dont have it. I also have a lot of brain fog and rushing in my head when I stand up and high blood pressure. I need a birth certificate ordered from california so I can see if I can get on pcn primary care network or something. Its sad that a lot of us have no choice but to let our health go downhill because we can't afford a doctor.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No. The only time I avoid the Doc is when my anxiety is acting up. It's better to see the Doc early on rather than wait and have a possibly more costly emergency visit.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yup... for me and my DH... never for the kids. We have a 3000/person deductible... so everything is out of pocket until we reach that... so we avoid the doc like the plague!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011