What does is mean when you have to urinate frequently?

My daughter is 16 and she has been complaining that she has to urinate every 5 minutes. She said it feels like she has to urinate a lot , but when she does.. A little bit comes out. And then not to long later she has to urinate again.. Can someone tell me what the problem could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• incontinence.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Is it just recently? She might have a UTI. Any pain or anything?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• She said it was this morning.. She had to leave school early because they wouldn't let her go to the bathroom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• She could have a UTI, but frequent urination is also one of the symptoms of diabetes. Get an appointment with her doctor to be checked out.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had a couple of UTI last year that was how it would start for me and then the pain would come in a day or two. I would get her to the dr its a pretty quick test to find out if thats what it is. Or if its something else for that matter.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thank you guys so much... But I also heard it is a sighn of pregnancy..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used to get that all the time and didnt know I had chronic urinary tract infections. I only found out because one turned into a kidney infection and I had to go to the hospital. In this stage they are easy enough to treat and you can get UTI test kits at most stores and pharmacies.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Usually with pregnancy you get that because of preassure on the bladder. So, she would be having other symptoms I would think. And I believe during pregnancy you actually do pee alot. If you are worried about that just ask about her sexual activity and get her a test!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thank you very much! That helped a alot. She has had 5 UTI in the past , And they were one right after another.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Bladder infection.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011