Piercings

My daughters friend is gonna get her lips pierced her mom is letting her,my daughter wants her lips pierced to she calls them snake bites. However I don't approve of that look at all and I don't want her to do that to her body. So my question is how do I talk to her about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Tell her the same thing I told my kids. NO piercings or tattoos till they re 18. I'm not paying nor signing a consent form for them to permenatley atler their bodies. They can do that on their own with their own money
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• tell her no! ha and its not very attractive..
    i had my lip peirced.. it wasnt very fun especially if you have a job gotta take it out and always have to clean it could get infected .. its stupid and worthless!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would just be honest with her. I mean until she is 18 she can't get it done without your consent. I know that I don't like the ear spacers that kids are getting these days. My kids know that I don't like them and it is not something I would let them do.  Also, explain to her that when she is older and wants to get a job she might have to cover the piercing.  I have a friend who works with people getting jobs,  He always tells people that you have to be able to cover up whatever tattoos or piercing you get because not all employers are open to them.

She is probably going to be upset, although in the long run she might thank you.  As I said just be honest with her.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• just talk to her about it and be open and honest, my son wants the same thing and i tell him no, my main reason is because of his teeth, i heard it can damage or break your teeth and he has perfect teeth. i would let him get his eyebrow done though.
    you can't just say no with no reason, or tell her to think about for 6 months first. good luck!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sweet,wow I thought for sure I would get bashed for this. Glad to see were on the same page!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would say, sorry, I'm the parent, and we don't do that in our home. You can do that when you are 18 if you still want it. I still think they shouldn't be allowed to do it until they are 18. I just can't tell you how many kids I've seen with stupid looking tatoos that their parents signed for or an infected pus filled eyebrow because they didn't care for it. I have a ton of tatoos. Some I'm proud of, some I absolutley hate. The ones I hate are all teenaged tatoos that were done illegally.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• And yes peircings close up, but they can also scar and cause tissue rot as well. :P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• nah! why would you get bashed? my son has been bugging me for a year, i think he has finally given up. how old is your daughter? but he hasnt said anything about the eyebrow so i am not going to suggest it either.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• she's 13
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• at 13, no....at 17 sure why not if she dosen't like them they can be taken out and will grow up
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 11:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011