At what age would you...

Give your child an IPOD Touch?

We bought a used one for our daughter right after she turned 2. we had our own and had been putting toddler teasers on it and age appropriate games/music think ABC's 123's nursery rhymes ect.

CrazyMommy87

Asked by CrazyMommy87 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't. I don't even know if I want my son to have a cell phone when he gets older. The whole thing with electronics makes me weary for the future. Kids won't know how to interact with people in person or carry a decent conversation. anyways back to your question I wouldn't get my kid an ipod touch.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i dont even have one!! haha .. i am not sure when my kids will get one.. by the time they are old enough they will be outdated !
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I do think 2 is a little young to have her own, My children are 14, 12 and 9. My middle child bought one for himself when he was 11. This past Christmas we got them for our other 2 children. My youngest was very sick this past August and was in the hospital for 2 months. She got sick again at Thanksgiving so when that was the only she asked for at Christmas we got her one. My oldest couldn't think of anything else he wanted so we got him one as well.

In the end everyone has to do what they think is best for their family.  I know my sister has one and her son, who is 3 year old, plays on it all the time.  I just don't think at 2 or 3 the kids are responsible enough to have their own.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I wouldnt spend that money on little kids for something like that. I would wait until at least 13 yrs old. Their like mini computers, toddlers do not need that technology yet! Its kinda overkill.
    iBecky

Answer by iBecky at 11:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my son didn't get an IPOD touch till he was 17, but he had an ipod earlier on. My daughter, 11, just got an IPOD shuffle for Christmas.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't think either of ours, 6 and 7, even know what an Ipod touch is. We don't have one
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My kids play with mine sometimes if they're bored. However, seeing as my four year old managed to delete about half of my aps the other day, I don't think she's really ready to understand the technology!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I let my 2 yr old play on my iphone with me but buy her own not for a long time. My 11 yr old has one but he had to save his money to get it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I SAY THAT IS A GOOD AGE THEY LEARN KNOW TO DO THINGS ON THEIR OWN MY GRANDAUGHTER ARIEL IS 3 KNOWS HOW TO WORK A COMPUTER SAMMY IS 2 AND CAN CALL ME FROM A CELL FONE AND DENISE KNOWS ALL THAT AND MORE
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• our daughter is now 3 and shares with her 2yr old brother. they play games that teach them shapes and colors ect. at 2 & 3 they know what a hexagon is, they call the moon a crescent, we personally feel it has helped them so they will be more prepared for preschool and kindergarten.
    CrazyMommy87

Comment by CrazyMommy87 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011