Why are some people viewing the recent tragic events in Japan and other areas affected as a "sign" ?

do they not know earthquakes have always been a natural disaster on our planet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• people always do that when a disaster hits, makes them think about what it says in the bible in revelations, but i guess they should remember we will have 7 yrs of peace before the world ends too and that hasn't happened yet.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Mainly because of this passage: (Matt.24: 3-14) "As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, 'Tell us,' they said, 'when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?' Jesus answered ' Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ', and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains....."
    I'm not scared of the end times, I have faith in God. But when I tell others about signs of the end times, it is a warning...for their benefit.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Maybe not, but I believe that God holds all power to what happens. We are nothing compared to him. The world is becoming total craziness and I feel that if people do not wake up a realize what is about to happen, it is only going to get worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Because there are several passages in scripture that allude to such events "wars and rumors of wars" earthquakes and famines.

The world has been ending since it began. You have to understand, for certain denominations of Christianity, the end of the world is not a bad thing, it's when Christ comes back. It's the holy grail of events. Any time stuff like this happens there is a flurry of activity-could this be it?

I can understand how that would be disconcerting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I guess because they're happening a lot now. My friend was worried this was a sign of the end. For me, even if it is a sign (not saying I think it is, just playing devil's advocate) what the heck can I do about it? It's all going to end for us some day whether its now, next year or 50 yrs from now, why spend our time worried about it?
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• At this point in history, everything is a sign.

If you don't believe that, that's your problem because end times as Christ (aka God) explained them continue whether you believe in end times or not.

i'm sure that disappoints the God-haters here, but that really is just too bad.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• cuz people need to feel like there's some sort of control over what goes on in the world. some people think that people are the most important things on this planet... but we're really at the universe's mercy. i know what i know about it and i tell my kids, but i'm sure to tell them that some people are a little closed minded and need to humanize everything for it to make sense to them. *shrug*
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Because they are always trying to interpret scripture.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• earthquakes are a part of the continents drifting. thats geography 101. perhaps they've been happening more frequently because the continents are changing rapidly?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oops...sorry... my words at the end weren't supposed to be in red. Only Jesus' were supposed to be red. That last statement was mine.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011