What excuse have you used??

Ever get up and just feel like calling in sick but really can't? You just don't want to go but you need a good excuse or you get to work and it's absolutely beautiful outside and you just wanna leave? What excuses have worked for you?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 12:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have a contagious stomach virus and cant come in

I have bad period cramps and can barely get out of bed

I have a severe migraine

I have a doctor appointment for one of my kids they are sick

Answer by gemgem at 12:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I haven't done anything like that for ages but don't have to because I work for myself and love it. ;) However, years ago being sick and car trouble were the excuses I used most. I feel embarrassed about doing that now.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• When I was 19 I had a crappy job and there were a few times I did call in 'sick'. I had a migraine and could not see straight, another time they scheduled me during the day and I called in and reminded them that I was not supposed to be scheduled during morning-early afternoon (due to going to school and also not having my own car), and that I had no way to get to work so I was not coming in. The last time I did it was to say that I had a family emergency.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I definately used the excuse that my car was on the fritz. But that usually bites ya in the butt. lol. Because it never fails a couple weeks later something really does go wrong with your car!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• This is my reasoning: at my age 61 I can have any number of legitimate aches and pains to use to call out, which I do whenever I need a day home when the kids are in school. I NEVER feel bad about doing it. Years ago a coworker told me one day when I was working sick "It's not a benefit if you don't use it." Worked for me
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I never really called out if I didn't need to but when I did I would use migraine. I have severe migraines and all of my bosses knew it. Now I just tell my boss I didn't feel like doing this or that. He doesn't really care because he knows I am a hard worker, plus if Mama ain't happy Daddy ain't happy!!! LOL
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I can honestly say I have NEVER done that. I worked for the same company for 7 years and in that time I called off twice because I was deathly ill. Of the other 4 companies I have worked for I have missed a total of 1 day of work and that was because my car literally blew up and I couldn't find a way there before the end of my shift.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't get to call in sick because I own the place!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011