My 2 1/2 year old was very sick in the night and on and off for 8 hours. Shes had water all day and slept on and off, should i try giving her some dried toast of something, or keep her stomach empty until tomorrow?

Nat191

Asked by Nat191 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is hungry, I'd let her have something bland. If not, I wouldn't force it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Was she throwing up? Is she hungry, if they feel rally bad they won't eat but if they are hungry they will, she have fever? Take her to the doctor don't think there are any free ones here
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'd try something light if she's kept water down. Maybe some broth as well. Play it by ear...that's about all you can do.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• hugsPop sickles,Pedilite,gatorade...water is not good for children when they are throwing up..it has no nutrients or electorlites in it to keep them hydrated. I would suggest giving her anything that she will drink. As for eating i would try toast with a little bit of butter on it, chicken noodle broth,applesauce,bananas,rice....also known as the BRAT diet......Banana-Rice-Applesauce-Toast. Give that a dry, if she continues to not be able to keep anything down and not producing any urine in a 6 hour period then she needs to be taken to the hospital to get fluids by IV. Also if she becomes lethargic she needs to be taken too. I really hope she feels better soon. Having a sick child is no fun, not for us as parents or the poor lil thing.

Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011