S/O the Maury and Jerry Springer question regarding 2 yr olds.

What do you think of parents who allow their 2 yr olds to watch Maury or Springer?

Do younot care or do you think less of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Kids pick up on things early. They dont need to see all the fighting and stuff. I think its ridiculous if you le your kids watch those kind of shows!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've never know of a 2 year old who is interested in watching either of those shows. I think it's more likely that a 2year old might just happen to be in the room when the show is on. An personally I don't think much of it, I don't think many toddlers would be paying any attention.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't allow my child to watch shows that have adult content. Those shows definitely fall in that category. They aren't watched in my house though so nothing to worry about.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't even let myself watch that trash.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• First of all, I never "think less" of anyone, just b/c you dont agree, doesnt mean thy are less of a parent or person... GEES.... And if it is on I dont FREAK out when my kids come in the room, but I dont put it on for them, and I really nver watch it anyway!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• More likely, the child was hearing cursing from a closer source, if it was now a habit, and not from watching one Maury episode.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• In the other question skittles in the replies. I mention how amom is talking about how her 2 yr old was cursing at the show after a guy was told he is not the father. It was during the Maury show. The child is 2.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Parents actually let their kids watch these shows???? I try not to judge people when it comes to how they parent their children but me personally I wouldnt let MY kids watch these...I don't like watching them myself lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dont let my kids watch those shows but its not really my place to say if other parents let their kids watch them. Of course my 2 year old wont even watch cartoons lol.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't watch them so i guess i never had to worry about y kids doing so. but at 2 are they even paying attention to it?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011