If you felt that your husband hated you, would you divorce him, even if you didn't know how you would survive?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 1:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• yes, and I would never look back.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Any adult can survive on their own. It's called pulling up your big girl panties and dealing with it.

Hate is a pretty strong emotion. No good can come out of it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• depends. how much does he hate you? and can the problem be fixed?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Well, first I would get to the bottom of your relationship and figure out where it's going before making a huge decision like that.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You feel that he hates you or do you KNOW he hates you? I'm sensing a lack of communication here (I'm not saying you're not trying!) Marriage can get complicated, and there can be a lot of things going on that a husband is very upset about and maybe he's directing some of it at you. I think it's worth trying to figure out if he really does hate you and the love is just all gone (never to come back) or if there is something left to salvage.

Regarding your fear that you don't know how to survive without him - here's another clear problem that YOU can do something about right now. Honey, every woman needs to know that she can take care of herself. Life is too unpredictable to sit around helpless and hopeless waiting for a man to save you. Figure out your strengths and what can you do with it. Even if you are currently financially dependent on your man, keep your eyes and brains working and find some options.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• First of all do you know he hates you? did he say it? sometimes people can just be in a bad mood and hate life in general find out what is going on in his head, if you know for a fact he hates you then you need to make a game plan and leave.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Living around hate is worse than struggling for a while to survive. It's amazing what we are capable of when we just try. Without that hate bogging you down, you might do so much more. Get past your fear because that's what is stopping you but it shouldn't. Fear is false expectation appearing real.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you wanted to survive you could. People will find a way if it is important to them. I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't want to be with me.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes. Absolutely.

And you WILL survive.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011