CARSEATS ARE SO EXPENSIVE!!!

Hi mommies! I live in Plainfield, IL. Does anyone know of a good place, or even web site, to get a good car seat at a decent price??

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Big Lots sells car seats for under $50
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Target or walmart. I look at it this way... is it really that much if your baby is safe??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• How muchis your child's safety worth? Carseats are expensive for a reason because they are meant to keep children safe.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• There's places like Once Upon a Child that has second hand carseats...although I have to admit, I don't believe I would trust something like that for my child. Go to Wal-Mart and spend $40 on a half-way decent carseat.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Once upon a child does not sell used car seats. They can't guarantee the safety of a used seat so they just odn't accept them. You can get them cheap from many places.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Usually you can talk to your hospital or fire department.. I'm a volunteer FF, and our little ol dept gives them for free.
    via86

Answer by via86 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Tell me what you are looking for in a car seat, and about how much you are looking to spend, and I can try to help you. I'd also need to know how old your LO is, weight and height if available, and your preferences as far as how long you plan to RF and how long you'd like to harness FF.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• coala...I said LIKE Once Upon a Child...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• try craigslist.com They have all kinds of stuff on sale for cheap there. most stuff is NEW or hardly used.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I can't tell anyone what to do, or what not to do, but I will say that it is NOT AT ALL recommended to ever purchase a used car seat UNLESS the person you're buying/borrowing it from is someone you would trust with your child's life.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011