What do you do with baby clothes you get at your shower that you REALLY don't like??

They are all brands i have never heard of so i have no idea where to take them back to, but i would like to trade them for something i want my baby to wear!

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 1:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I put them on my kids anyways. You go through clothes so fast. They spit up, they have an explosive diaper blow out, the accidently miss the diaper and pee on them (lol), you get breastmilk or formula on them, I am sure you get the idea. I remember how I wanted everything to be perfect for my first little girl, but truth is, after a while, you just put it on them because you haven't had a chance to do their laundry and it is all that is left, lol. Also, don't forget, they grow way too fast. It gets expensive buying clothes all the time.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used them anyways. I was incredibly grateful to get anything at all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I just saved them, left the tags on, then used them as gifts when I needed one, or donated them. That way at least someone gets some use out of them!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I gave them to someone that needed them. I never ask for anything at baby showers, I just want people to come in support. Gifts aren't that important to me. Plus I hate openning gifts in front of people. It makes me feel greedy.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• What are the brands? Someone else may be able to help you identify the store of origin.
    Either sell them on craigslist or ebay, take them to a consignment shop, or just keep them and give them to someone else whenever someone else winds up having a baby. Really not much else you can do.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you really want to return them for something else instead of just not put your baby in the clothing, I would contact the person who gave the gift after the baby is born and say they they do not fit the baby....or you can maybe say that you have enough of that size and would like to trade up into a larger size...that way you can get the receipt or at least find out where the clothing was purchased to get something you like better.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You say thank you and put them on your baby anyways. At least your baby has clothes!!!

At least put it on the baby and go visit the giver with the baby wearing it. They picked it out for him/her!!!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't get why you gotta be all prissy and kiss as for something you really don't like. It's okay to not like a gift.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would keep them and put them on my baby. Labels do not mean anything to me. Babies do not wear their cloths long enough to worry about that stuff. If you do not want you baby to wear the cloths just box them up and give them to the red cross for the poor and needy.

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i don't want to be rude or anything and i am sure she could wear it anyway, but some of them are just really not cute lol it's my first girl so i was really excited about the girl stuff.
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011