Does anyone know what osteomylitis is? My daughter is in the hospital .

The doctors are saying it could be either the osteomylitis ,or luekemia in her thigh bone. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do. Someone with advice prease help!

jbubbiewoo

Asked by jbubbiewoo at 11:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• Hang in there and be strong. I'm sure your little one is looking to you to make sure all is okay. If you have to cry just step out of the room, it's okay. I wish you all the best and that you both return home happy and healthy for the Holidays.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It is a bone infection or bone marrow infection. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• osteomyelitis is a bone infection usually caused by bacteria or fungus. This usually happens when a bone has been traumatized These abscesses could decrease blood supply to the bone. If insufficient blood supply has led to the bone dying, then the bone needs to be removed.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• She seems to be responding to the antibiotics, do you think any cancer would respond to antibiotic treatment?
    jbubbiewoo

Answer by jbubbiewoo at 11:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Cancer itself does not respond to antibiotics.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Thank you Southerncharm. I'll hold to my faith for the bone biopsy tomorrow.
    jbubbiewoo

Answer by jbubbiewoo at 11:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008