Hypno-birthing...... any thoughts

I am taking this class about hypno-birthing and tonight is my second class, so Im still not sure what it is all about but according to this book that I am reading, I should not feel any pain if I can get myself to a fearless and relaxed state of mind...... I've already had 2 kids and endured the pains of labor and Im starting to wonder if I have it in me to forget about all the pain and fear Ive already had...... I really want to do it I just don't have faith in myself, I guess. Any thoughts on this or advise for me?

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Babe know that you have ALREADY given birth.  You ALREADY know what to expect.  Let it instead of bring fear, bring confidence.  So if you throw yourself into it and it doesn't work, then what?  THEN, you will do something that you already know you can do.  Have some confidence in yourself sweets! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've heard nothing but good things about hypnobirthing, and I plan to use it with my next birth. It's okay to sink yourself into this- it's always worth a try!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've heard of it. I didn't do it and don't know anyone personally who has but it sounds like it can be a very successful way to manage labour pain.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know someone who did Hypno-birthing and LOVED it. I am a fan of Birthing From Within...similar in the philosophy but not the same method.
    Just remember that ALL births are different. The pain, length, intensity, order of events...all these things can be different from child to child. You HAVE to take THIS birth as it's own thing...and not let any negative memories pollute this experience.
    I do believe though, that like any trials or rites of passage in life, it's ALL about what you focus on and where you put your energy.
    Your body does this...for hundreds of thousands of years...women have done this...it's just about cutting through the modern fears and getting to your strength.
    Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• no experience, but good luck!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011