What is with people not taking pride in thier appearance?

Like it doesn't matter, you are someone's mother you should look presentable not to embarress. Looking like a bum to pick your kids up from school, what do you think thier peers and teachers think if there mom is a slob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Why do you give a damn how other people dress?
    Anonymous

• there are days I go to the store in sweats, no makeup, and my hair in a bun... but I'm hot and I know it. I'd rather see a slob then a mom in a mini skirt and a tubetop picking up their kid. Sometimes you are just tired or don't have time to get ready
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wow, narrow and judgemental people confuse me. Here are some of my questions... Do you know what's going on in their life? Do you care? Do you think they really care about making you happy (or maybe they have better things to think about)? Do you really think you are fit to tell other people how to live their lives (when it doesn't effect you)?
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't work outside the home. So often times I spend the entire day in a t-shirt and sweats with no make-up and my hair pulled back in a pony-tail. If I'm picking DD up from school that it how I am going to go. I shouldn't expect anyone to think I should show up with my hair and make-up all done up in designer clothes because I am leaving the house for 10 minutes just to get my kid. If you don't like how I look, then don't look at me.....simple as that.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Some ppl are more into life instead of hygiene. Maybe.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I take pride in how I look and am always dressed when I take the kids to school or anywhere. I have seen moms in their pajamas and I am not bothered by that either. I have no idea if shes a single mom who got off work at 3am or a sahm whose newborn kept her up all night.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You're going to pick up your kids, not going out to a fancy restaurant ... give me a break, who cares?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm a bum!!! I do not nor have I ever cared what anyone thinks about how I look. I have three and a half (the hubby) children to worry about. I clean the house, cook, mow the yard, pay bills, run errands, grocery shop, and attempt to keep this house from falling to pieces if I miss a few minutes of my daily routine. I do not have the time or the want to get dressed up just to run to a school that I will be at for 10 minutes to grab my kids and to just come home and start my daily routine all over again. I bathe, I do not smell, I brush my teeth and hair...therefore I am presentable.. I am the type of person who will walk up to someone and ask them where they got there pj bottoms because I want a pair. I think that if others are worried about how other people look, they probably have more time on their hands than they need and should find something better to do with their time....just sayin :D
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thank you! I saw at least 5 women at school today in pj's Its freakin 3 in the afternoon, why are you still in pj's? I understand on a saturday or sunday, or if the school has a day off then having a lazy day, but to pick your kids up like that? That was my mom and I hated it I was always humiliated by that and I will never be that mom.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• cassie_kellison...where are you that it is 3 in the afternoon? I'm in EDT and it's only 1:30.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011