S/o - step son is embarressed?

if the step son is 15 and she is only 27 how old is the husband/father? Who thought that would be appropriate, what kind of an example is that for the son of finding someone appropriate to share a life with. Of course the kids is embaressed, she probably looks like his girlfriend and not his mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I really do not see the big deal if the husband is older, he may be 10 yrs older. i am 38 and have a 16 yr old. sometimes people find someone they love that is alot older or younger then the other. Its not like she is 19, i havent read the other question yet but i did see it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Are you talking about the STEP MOM being 27? Truthfully it does not matter if the step son is upset/embarrassed.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• LOL
    Anonymous

• My father is with someone 22 years younger than himself and he is extremely happy. My fil is married to someone at least 20 years younger and I assume he's happy. My mil is married to someone about 15 years younger and they are happy. My dh was a little put off about his stepdad's age when he was a teen but it makes no difference now.

You love who you love.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The father could be 35..with a 27 yr old so that is not too bad. Are you sure he is embarrassed or is he just upset about his dad being with anyone?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My stepson was 12 years younger than me, my ex was 13 years older than me. Was it weird? Yes. Was he embarrassed? No. He actually liked that I enjoyed a lot of the same things he did - the same music, activities, etc. I was married to my ex for 12 years. I would never recommend being with someone with that much of an age difference but it never embarrassed my stepson.

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• This a good time to point out what not to do.

Don't have sex tell ready to be a father.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My friend is 19 & her step son is 17, It don't bother me at all... love is love
    via86

Answer by via86 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• in his 30's
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• the father could be 33 or 40 and it's still not bad. she is legal and an adult. i see nothing wrong with that. when i was 21 i dated a 31 year old. i think you are just jealous of her youthful look and its rubbing off onto the 15yo. he's probably more embaressed by your reaction than his fathers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011