Relaxation and meditation......

I need help getting myself into a relaxing form or meditation but I have such a busy mind that I just can't seem to concentrate and get to the meditating point. I have cds on it and music for it but I still need more help.

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Try 20/20/20 breathing. They call it that because you breath in for 20 seconds, hold it for twenty seconds, then breath out for twenty seconds. Although, for most people...20 seconds is too long. Only super-yogi's do that. So, i do 10/10/10 breathing. You can do 7/7/7 too....as long as you are taking deep breaths & holding it in, this will certainly make you relax.

So, sit in a comfy chair with your spine erect. Close your eyes & try to focus them between the eyebrows, but don't strain them. If that is uncomfortable, don't lift your eyeballs too high. That is the "spiritual eye" you are looking at & it reflects the madula oblongata, where most of our energy is stored. Anyhow, it helps you focus. So, breath in for 10 seconds, hold it for 10 seconds, then breath out for 10 seconds & just watch our thoughts drift away like clouds passing by. Counting in your head helps you focus.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know that you can take courses on it. See if there's something available that you can take. Another option would be a yoga class because it's physical activity that brings you to that point of focus.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hmmm... Do you have a special place in your house that is just for you? That's hard in my house with three little ones. Or maybe something outside that just you do, like a garden (when it warms up). I have a very hard time with quiet time so I have to find other ways to relax myself and talk to God.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 1:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have many more easy meditation techniques, i was raised Hindu...that's what we do best. Message me if you would ever like to try a different technique.
    samurai_chica

• try a nice bath while doing it. the water helps drown out other noise and acts as white noise to help clear your thoughts, it alwayshelps me
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• take a break by taking a bubble bath or go for a walk
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2011