I knew prayer worked, but not THIS fast....thanks to all!

I just got a call from my mom saying the ER doctor gave my uncle medicine helping with his septic (from where his organs were shutting down) and he's 100% certain it's going to work. God is GREAT!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL for prayers, I never knew in such a little span of time that prayers could work that fast.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes he is! And I'm so happy for you and your family!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Awesome!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Praise the Lord...!!!!!!
    Sometimes answers come in the urgency they are needed...Others take much more time...:)
    This is wonderful!!!!!
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 1:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Praise the Lord!!!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• glad to know things are working out for him! (missed the previous post, but that doesn't matter.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Praise Jesus!!!
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• excuse me? selfish family members? what the hell are you talking about because i'd love to know
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Number one rule here--don't ask me a question unless you want the answer. When an older person gets critically ill, there is usually a reason. Their family, of course, wants them to continue living regardless of the consequences. Please don't let my mom die. Why? Because YOU want them to live. Because you don't CARE what they might want or what might be best. You pray because YOU want something. My mother died of cardiac arrest over two years ago--only five days before her 80th birthday. My middle sister had been her caregiver for several years. ALL of us knew that she was ready for her "god" to take her to the other side. But my sister wanted her to live. In spite of the fact that the quality of life would have been very poor. I believe in asking the universe for what is best for the person who is ill and NOT for what I want to happen. Mom died. That's what was best for her. And my sister got over it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Whatever happens to knicole's uncle, I hope that it ends up being what is best for him. I hope that his organs are not damaged. I hope his quality of life is unchanged. It's not likely, but that IS what I hope.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011