i need help. i adopted a child for christmas through church and i need to buy her a gift. i have no idea what she would want. she is a 14 year old african american. please send suggestions. thanks

luckymefor2kids

Asked by luckymefor2kids at 11:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Normally, the parent writes down what the child needs. I assume this is not the case with your Christmas Angel.

That's a tough one because you don't know what she likes and what size clothes she wears. I hope someone can help you out. I have two teenage boys so I'm totally lost when it comes to teen girls.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Make-up, hair clips and head bands and barrettes maybe? A diary or journal? I heard somewhere that you can get diaries that have designable covers so she could make it into her own. I wish I could be more help, but I think it is great that you chose to do this for this girl.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Oh goodness I totally know this one:
    High school musical stuff! OR Hannah Montana.. I think high school musical would be the best bet, though. All the girls that age are really into it :-)
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 11:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have to agree with wirelessbubbles. HSM and Hannah Montana are really popular with the early teen girls even smaller girls, my dd is four and loves both!! Maybe you can ask the church to find out what size clothes she wears. I know when I was getting into my teen years all I wanted was money to go pick out my own things, obviously you cant wrap money but you could give her a giftcard to Walmart or Target, there is a variety of things in those stores and she could be given the choice.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• A Bible,personal journal,spa day, a cross necklace or charm bracelet with a cross or her initial,good luck,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 4:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The book Twilight is huge right now with teens so I bet she would love that too.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• NOT HSM or Hannah Montanna!! She is too old. Mostly girls 6-11 like that stuff. Any girl older than that would feel like they are getting baby stuff. Maybe a gift card to the mall, a trendy clothing store, or something else in your area. I like the diary idea, too. I would have loved a diary at that age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• At that age, she's a little young to wear makeup, but perhaps that fancy hair stuff Michele Obama uses to gloss AA hair, some lip gloss, Maybe a set of sheets that will carry her through adulthood, like satin ones in queen size (can be tucked in for all other sizes, and most teens don't have king beds). Gift cards to McDonalds, or other places would be great. I loved a spoiling basket I got one time, with pajamas, hot cocoa, apple cider packets, a moisterizer, and whatever you'd like to put in. Merry Christmas!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 10:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• MY daughter wants a skate board for CHRISTMAS I'M THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO FIND HANNA MONTANA SKATE BOARD.JEWELRY ALSO GREAT.
    amy160

Answer by amy160 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Please don't give hsm or Hannah Montanna, she too old,my daughter is 14 too,ipods,cameras,cds,aeroposles tees,pocketbooks,jewelery(beads,earrings,you can make her a gift basket,with the cds,earrings,bible. May God Bless You for your loving kindness.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008