I don't understand my coverage

for my insurance. On my card it says:

Medical Year Deductible: $200 individual/$400 family
Dental Year Deductible: $50 individual/$100 family
Vision: $150 annual maximum per eligible person

So...what does that mean? Like, I have an eye appointment on Tuesday (I failed my vision test for DMV!! So I have never been to an eye doctor before, that's why I don't know any of this stuff) so does this mean that they will only cover $150 total? Or is that just for glasses and stuff, and not including the eye exam? I have had this insurance for 2 years (through my job) and I think I may have thrown away the booklet that they send to you with it. I tried to look on their website, but I can't find any clear explanation of what is what.

Thank you in advance for your help!

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 11:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• They will only pay $150 per person, per year
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I believe it means that they will only cover $150 for vision exam. I would think it does not include glasses or contacts if you go over the $150.

Normally, you can go online and find your Insurance homepage and it explains all the benefits.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes, they will only pay 150 max. That may just include the exam, and not any glasses or contacts though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2008