How much space is between your children?

I have a baby that just turned 10 months old. My husband and I have been talking about trying for another one soon. He is getting up there in age and doesn't want to be an old father.

Does it sound crazy having a 19 month old and a newborn? What are the pros/cons?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I enjoy it. It is definatly crazy at times and a little trying, but I like the fact that they are close in age. I don't think it is crazy.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 2:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i dont think thats bad my sister and i are 10 and a half months apart and are very close now my kids are 6 years apart and it seems to work for me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 2:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ok I have 3 xpecting 1 in may. from the eldest to my son theres a 2 yr diffrence from my son to my young DD theres 1 yr and from my young DD to the one Im xpecting theres 1yr diffrence... Is hard cause at that age they all want my attention and sometimes I cant give it to all 3 and Its great cause Ill be done and they will all be growing up at the same rate no probleams in dropping of at school. welluck!
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 2:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• it's best medically to wait a year minimum.. 2 years is best though.
    my kids are 15 days shy of 3 years apart.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The ages of our children are 26, almost 20, 5 & 4. The 2 older kids are 6 years apart & the younger ones are 12 mos. apart. We like having them closer together more so than farther apart. They're able to play together better & it's also easier to do things together as a family when the kids are closer in age. With the first two, we had to wait till our son was a certain age to be able to go certain places & have all of us enjoy it. Our oldest tended to outgrow the desire to play with her brother because their ages differed so much. Our 2 youngest, also a boy & a girl, have never had a problem getting along or being able to play well together. It just seems to have been easier to have kids close in age.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• 2y, 10.5m, 11m, 3y. 19 months difference is a good space between kids.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My oldest is 5 bday being 12-6-05, my middle is 3 11-29-07, and my youngest is 20 months 07-09-09. My bff has a 15 month old a 4 month old & is pregnant... I don't see a problem
    via86

Answer by via86 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Almost 2 years between my first and second. Almost 2 years between my second and third.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My oldest 2 are 14 months apart.
    My youngest two are 3 1/2 years apart...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My first two (both boys) are 13 months apart. It just happened, was not the plan. They are now 3 and 4. They are the best of friends. Their little sister isn't far behind. She is 20 months younger than my second son. She is now 1 1/2. She is fitting right in there and playing with them. It had it's rough moments, such as the first couple of months with a newborn just because you are so tired and such but I love it. The worst part was just being pregnant. I agree that my body needed a break. Every pregnancy I was in more pain and so much more tired. I love having them so close together but I would not do 3 in 33 months on purpose.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2011