• In the Spotlight:

How would you know if a man seeked you out for sex, because you had low self esteem?

notlott37

Asked by notlott37 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I think men are ALWAYS seeking sex. The person with the low self-esteem is the one who immediately accepts the "invitation!" (whether or not on the first date!)The person with the low-self esteem carries themselves differently than a woman with high self-esteem. Women with high self esteem walk and talk with confidence, they have standards (moral and physical), they do not fear rejection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• well, men think about sex every 8 minutes. so yeah, he saw you, thought you were hot, thought he'd like to hit that and asked you out. it doesn't have anything to do wiht self esteem at that point. how the relationship proceeds from there is up to you. do you have low self esteem? if so, fake having a high one. demand that he treat you as a lady and he either will respect you and treat you right or you can walk.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Mine told me he only wanted me for sex. Of course that was two years ago and we're still going strong. His crass/rude behavior caused my friends to say I see him due to low self esteem. I told them I'd buy some on Ebay one day but after two years my self esteem is fine imo. I see through his bs and we mesh well together. When I was meeting guys online before I met my SO, I would tell THEM I only wanted them for sex. If they agreed that's all they wanted I'd dump them and go on. If they said they wanted more then I'd talk with them and see what it could be. Not sure how this guy won my heart with his bad behavior! LOL, maybe it was the Air Force uniform but he rocks! Do what you think is right. If you get low in the self esteem department just contact one of us here at Cafemom. We'll fill ya up!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If they're coming to you at a vunerable time and trying way to hard to gain that persons trust. The person with low self-esteem would accept just about anything because they don't know their own worth. Once that type of guy gets what they want they'll keep coming back for that and nothing more.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• This article is absolute nonsense.I do not see why sex and low self esteem is always connected when it comes to women.Women don't give men sex,sex is for both to enjoy.This article does nothing but make women sound like vunerable love junkies.Being a love junkie is NOT a female
    characteristic.Anyone including a man can be a love junkie ready to yes give sex to a woman.It's still thought especially in the 'US that women give sex for attention,this myth has got to go.Women have sex because they ENJOY it,not give sex.A woman with high self esteem might be a woman
    who uses men for sex.Women think about sex as much as men do,it depends on the INDIVIDUAL!
    jah2009

Answer by jah2009 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2009