Is it just us (hubby and I), or does having a baby just make you want MORE babies?!?

I had baby fever sooooo bad, and it was only made worse by my husband's constant "when are you going to stop taking those little pills so we can have a baaaaby?"... Wellll, about 6 or so months later, I was pregnant with our son, Gage, who is now 10 months old. We both want another so badly already, but we know better than to try again this soon. It's NUTS!!! I thought that I'd be content after having him, and for several months I said that I thought he might be an only child, but now that he's growing by leaps & bounds & turning more into a "little boy" rather than a "baby" every day, I find myself longing for baby #2-- a sibling and "playmate" for my precious little man.

What is it about babies that is just so dang addictive? lol Am I the only crazy one, here?

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 12:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pish at least your hubby is all about another baby! Mine JUST today said I was thinking about us maybe having another one... You know not now maybe in another year... When CD is three... That seem like a good time to have another one... I have been seeing all the cute little babies all over town and all I think is AWW I want one! BUT my brother is having a baby so maybe that will put the baby wont off for a little while
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• hahaha . . you must be, after 2 1/2 months of barely sleeping, I thought that I may never want to have another. I had an IUD put in a few weeks ago to MAKE SURE!! But I think when she is 10 months old that I may feel very different!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I will have to agree with you. I already miss my lil boy Jaydn being a smaller baby. hes now 9mths and I do miss him being younger. they do grow so damn fast, its unbelievable. If my husband and I were still together--I would def have a nother one soon. at least when hes about 2 or 3. Dont want my son growing up alone and dont want to have another bbaby too soon, ya kno? so i kno what u mean!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Ya know, that lack of sleep thing that BridgetC140 mentions is one of the main things making me a little uneasy about having another LO anytime in the near future. My son actually sleeps much WORSE now than he did when he was a newborn. He woke every 3 hours, round the clock, to nurse back then. Welllllll, now he wakes anywhere from 3-12, yes, I said twelve!!!, times a night. He's just restless & crying out in his sleep, and he wakes only one of those times to eat. I have successfully learned to survive on what feels like a series of catnaps throughout the night... : (
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Congrats! You must have a wonderful baby. I love my daughter with all my heart and part of me would like another baby but I know I would not survive another first year. And I'm pretty sure I mean that literally.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• See my husband is the one that is having baby fever. I dont want another one right now I am still young so I want to wait a couple of years before I even think about baby #3 But see my son still wakes up at night. so I already have a newborn lol but I do miss somethings but I can handle to wait till I know we are fully ready and finacially stable. I want to own our own house before we have another one.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I know exactly how u feel, my daughter is 6 and 1/2 months old, and DH and I already want another one, we've been trying, but so far nothing.....
    cmjt

Answer by cmjt at 3:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• my sons 17 months & im 18 weeks pregnant again =D
    my husband & i are already plannin for one more
    TechnoBunny

Answer by TechnoBunny at 4:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My DD is 7 mo and we've been TTC since September, still nothing...but we're hopeful that we'll be pregnant at least by early next year.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i tried talkin to chris about having another one in like a year and he said no!!!!!! and he means he wants josh to be his only child!!!! but hes recently been noticing that josh isnt a baby anymore - im hoping when josh starts walking he'll want another one :)
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 9:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2008