BITER BABY

My son (12 months) has 7 teeth and likes to bite, he dosnt do it hard at all just enough to be a bite. many have told me to bite him back, ive tried this but i cant seem to bite him hard cuz i just cant. he thinks its funny and just laughs at me. he is a very sweet boy, i just need some helpful hints. thanks!!

mom1g1b

Asked by mom1g1b at 12:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would not bite back. If you happen to leave a bruise on your childs arm then you can be charged with child abuse.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I USED HOT SAUCE PUT A DAB ON HER TOUNGE AND WAIT A FEW SECONDS TELL HER NO BITE SHE ONLY DID IT 2 X AFTER THAT SHE  DIDN'T BITE ANY LONGER WHEN IT LOOKED LIKE SHE MIGHT I WOULD GRAB THE HOT SAUCE SHE WOULD STOP  THEN I WOULD GIVE HER SOME MILK THEN SHE WAS FINE ! IT'S OK TO DO IT'S A FOOD PRODUCT AND IT'S SAFE NO HARM TO HER ! IF YOU BABY HER TO MUCH SHE WILL NEVER LEARN !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• you can try to take his arm and press his teeth against it so he knows that his teeth are sharp and it hurts. Try and get something that is ok for him to bite on (like a teething toy or a washcloth or blanket). also remember that this is just a phase.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My youngest was a biter too, except he did it HARD! He drew blood on me a few times. I would tell him no, obviously, and if I was holding him, I put him down. It slowed quite a bit by doing that, but he was still doing it every once in a while, until one day he bit his own finger. He cried and hasn't bit me since! I think it's just a phase though. Try giving other things to chew on keep reminding him he can't bite you!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008