Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What do i do when i dont like my boyfriend or his child

What do i do when my boyfriend is rude and mean to my son and i cant stand his child and her crying all the time. I have asked him to leave but he refuses. We have alot of problems. He lost his job and gets mad when i say for him to look for another. He has been out of work for 3 months. He has double standards for his daughter vs my son. Im not sure i even love him anymore and he wont leave. I have asked him several times. I have even begged hm. What do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by endlesswonder87 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

Level 3 (14 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • well he is just a boyfriend, its a lot easier to dump a boyfriend than a husband.

    If he has been living with you you cant just kick him out without getting an eviction notice, so that's the first order of business, and if after giving him 30 days notice he still doesn't leave then you can call the police. You shouldn't stay with someone you don't love and who makes you miserable.


    Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • So he's staying at your place and you want him to leave? Has he been living there or is he just visiting at random times? Legally if he's just visiting you can call the cops and have them remove him. If he's living with you, you have to look at the steps you need to take to get him legally evicted. Good luck :)


    Answer by SinaiJ at 2:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • If it is your place and only yours, change the locks and put his stuff out. Do not let HIM dictate you tell him firmly.. I AM DONE YOU NEED TO GO, YOU HAVE TIL _____ THEN YOUR STUFF WILL BE OUT...Then you need to follow through. If talking to him about it and leaving on good terms does not work then you will need to resort to this. Good luck, be strong. Life is too short to put up with unneeded crap!

    Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Well i like my apartment and its about the only thing i can afford n this area. (good schools) i just wish there was something i could say to him to get him to understand im not happy.

    Comment by endlesswonder87 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • If it were me I would kick his sorry ass to the curb and end the relationship. If he won't leave then maybe you should start looking for a place and move out. If the place you are at is in your name only then I would give him notice, have him served with an eviction note and then if he does not leave you can call the police on him.

    Answer by MizLee at 2:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Choices, it always comes down to choices. If your miserable and you can't get him to leave then You leave. Do not stay in a relationship that makes you miserable. Get out

    Answer by meooma at 2:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • I'd have him evicted if he lives there and not on the lease or if he gets his mail at that address.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Evict him

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • it sounds like he's staying b/c he has too.if he's not paying rent then he needs to leave...period. tell the manager of the apartments that he needs to be gone. If he doesn't leave, call the cops. Nobody is worth being miserable over. That's some baggage that you need to get rid of before it's too late.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 3:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Change the locks

    Answer by gemgem at 3:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.