Thinking about another baby ... any advice

Me and my fiance have an almost 11 month old son and we dont want our children too far apart in age .. and advice on another bab y... open for answer on all views on the question ... good, bad, both, its fine with me .. im so confused on thisi just need some help

LuvMyFam42210

Asked by LuvMyFam42210 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It's harder when they are closer in age as babies. It is better as they get older. I wouldn't change it if I could. I think it makes the kids better friends also, since they are closer in age.
    Anonymous

• My children are 14, 12 and 9. The older 2 are exactly 2 years about and they younger 2 are 2 1/2 years apart. I think for me it was easier to have them close together, it was harder to go from 2 children to 3 children for me. My older 2 children are boys, which made clothes and that sort of thing easy because I didn't have to get all new stuff.

For me I enjoyed having my children close together and they are all very close now.  They fight at times, although for the most part they get along.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My son is 10mths old and oldest is 5, i didnt want such a big gap between the 2 but had no choice. Now I want 1 last try at a girl, and I am already OLD..lol So even though i dont want to wait too long but don't want to be overwhelmed like i hear from some people on here. I decided that if another one is in the works for me, we are going to wait til he is closer to 2, this way he can go to preschool half day and will be almost done potty training. Then i will have free time for the baby and not be going to crazy. Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would wait until one is going into preschool at 3 or 4. That's a good gap because you will have more time to devote to the new baby and the older one will not feel left out. They will be occupied with new friends & school. That's what I did. It is also better for your own sanity.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thank Everyone again i have a lot of great input i hope i can get through this with the right answer
    LuvMyFam42210

Comment by LuvMyFam42210 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well we are having another one and we are very excited !! :)
    LuvMyFam42210

Comment by LuvMyFam42210 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2011