Is anyone else using Feingold or other elimination diets to treat ADD/ADHD?

DrRama

Asked by DrRama at 2:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• We've been avoiding artificial colorings, flavorings, and preservatives for years. Casein (milk protein) was a huge culprit in DS's focus problems so he's been on a casein-free diet for many years; dramatic change there. We thought gluten might have been impacting him so we tried gluten-free at one time also but it did not make any difference. For us, treating DS using a biomedical approach (vitamin/mineral supplementation) was what ultimately rid him of his ADHD diagnosis.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have kids with autism-I know not the same thing. However, I have found that getting rid of as much processed food from their diet has helped ALOT! Adding in more fruits, vegetables and nuts have helped too. I just started trying to wean them off cow's milk and switch to almond but they are resisting, lol. Cold turkey doesn't work for them. When I switch from white to 100% wheat bread it was horrible! Good Luck :)
    Alynn74

Answer by Alynn74 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011