Random helpful tips......on anything you wish, cleaning, food, organizing

When making egg salad, a potato masher works great to break up eggs.

LeJane

Asked by LeJane at 2:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• if it smells weird, throw it out. (that goes for people, too. LOL!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Keep a box/bin/bag in each clothes closet. When you find something that doesn't fit, or you no longer like, or needs mending more than you want to do put that item in the box/bin/bag. Once a month gather up all those bags and take them to the thrift shops or goodwill stores. Also works great for toys and kitchen utensils.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Invest in a crockpot! It will change your life lol....If your a working mother you can just throw a bunch of stuff in, set it on low and go to work...when you get home BAM dinner is ready. If your a SAHM like me...you can trick your hubby into thinking you've been slaving over the stove all day long lol (j/k) but for me it gives me some Monique time when daughter is taking her nap...which I usually use to take a nap lol.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• waxing your bathtub with carwax keeps soapscum at bay for almost a month or more.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• When Cleaning, do one room at a time less likly to be overwhelmed. Also play music while cleaning.
    Crock-pot/slow cooker meals are great when you know you have a busy day of cleaning a head of you. If you would like some meal ideas let me know.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• a little borax in your laundry makes whites whiter, freshens it up and is less expensive than oxyclean!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• use vinegar and newspaper to wash windows/mirrors (saves money on buying windex and paper towels)

use comet to polish scratches out of the sink/tub

if you cut your fingernail too short to the point your finger hurts, squeeze super glue across the point the nail and skin meet. its a miracle treatment!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 3:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Google coupons for ANYWHERE you plan on going, it really helps and you will find coupons to places you never expected.
    Find your local market that doubles coupons and has the cheapest prices on everyday items, this way you wont need to go to 4 different stores and you get the most for your money but having your coupons doubled. Shoprite, takes competitors coupons, internet coupons, doubles coupons and has good prices.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i have plenty, but for some reason I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 2:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• dullscissors - LOL
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011