SEX AFTER HAVING A BABY, SHOULD IT HURT? adult content

I tried having sex with my husband 6 weeks after having a c section. Its now been almost 3 months since my baby was born and when we have sex it feels like im a virgin all over again, like it hurts a lot going in.... did anyone else have this problem? I didnt even have a vaginal birth so it doesnt seem like things should be uncomfortable down there at all... any insight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• even though it wasn't vaginal you still have a LOT of healing to do....your muscles are going to be very sore for a long time. It can take months to heal internally completely. 6 weeks is an estimate. It was a long time before I was able to have sex after c-section.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am not sure I didn't have a c-section I had vaginal and we waited 4 weeks and tried and it hurt a lot so we waited 2 more weeks and it still hurt a little so then a waited a few more weeks and it was better. With my second it didn't hurt. I had stitches with my first though and not my second so sometimes I think that is why. But seeing you had a c-section I am probably no help sorry.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• that's tough.. I don't think that should be happening. you should probably go get that checked out.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had my oldest nearly 5 years ago. Since his birth I have never been able to have sex without pain. Now, my situation is a little different because I have fibromyalgia. However, I do know this, since his birth (and the births of my other children) my hormones have changed drastically which has caused some lubrication issues as well as caused scar tissue in that area which causes even more pain... The only thing I can say is talk to your doctor and try different types of lubrication.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have had 2 c-sections and one vaginal in between and every time my DH an I tried to have sex the first cpl of times after birth, it hurt, and we had to go gently. You could also try some form of lubrication. GL
    DSNMomma

Answer by DSNMomma at 3:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had c sections with both my kids, i never had any problems, maybe go talk to your doctor about it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You cervix still opens even if you had a c section. The hormones released upon expelling a fetus, still send the message to the body to open up to empty out other debris. So, you my still need time to heal. Tenderness in your uterus from healing can also cause discomfort.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i had sex 12 days after my first c-section and it was not painful. if its been 3 months and its still painful, talk to your doctor about it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My second child just turned 4 and it STILL hurts like hell.
    Anonymous

• I still have a spot where it hurts when my husband and i have sex and it has been 10 1/2 months since i had our baby. This was our 4th baby and this didnt happen after any of our other 3. I went to the OB and she just gave me a script for numbing cream and told me to come back in 4 weeks if it didnt get better. She said she could see irritation there. I had vaginal births with all 4 boys....i dont know what could be going on.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011