How do I make my 3 year old feel better? Upset stomach vomitting. adult content

Yesterday was his birthday party and he had a blast!! He ate some pizza, soda, and had a cupcake. He did not eat candy though! He was having too much fun to go through his party bag. For dinner he had a hotdog and apple juice. So he did not go crazy on junk yesterday so now I am shocked that he has an upset stomach and vomits. He is in and out sleeping now. He never had and upset stomach like this so I don't what to do. He is vomitting mucus.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 2:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He could have picked up a virus from another party goer... Keep him on the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) until the vomiting subsides. Make sure he drinks plenty to stay hydrated (watch for signs of dehydration). If it goes on much longer than 48 hours, or if he seems dehydrated take him to the Dr. Don't give him Pepto Bismol, or any other upset stomach med, unless your Pediatrician recommends it (they can actually prolong the vomiting if it's a virus).
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• There is a virus going around so that might be it. But the mucus might be from a cough or congestion. call doctor and see what they say about it. Just try to give fluids, rest, and medicine if need. Might try a hymdeifier to see if that helps for you tonight. Also have sleep propped up and that will help as well. Gingersnap cookies I have just learned from my mom will help with being sick, also when ready the brat diet.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• well thats kind of rude Imogine.....my kids have eaten the same stuff and will be fine so if they got sick off that i would be shocked.

Momavanessa i know there is a 24 flu bug going around maybe thats all it is. But make sure lots of water and try some toast. My daughter had the same thing last week was fine then just started throwing up for 2 days.

Hope he feels better....fyi theres nothing wrong with what he ate we cant eat perfect everyday that would be boring and plus as long as hes eating is good right. Plus it was a party.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 3:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would give him Pepdo.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 7:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You're shocked because he ate pizza, birthday cake, soda and hot dogs and has a tummy ache? Give him a peppermint candy or pepdobizmo.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Don't know where you are but there is a tummy virus going around. Just try and keep the fluids in him, if he cant keep them down you might need to take him in, I have a 2 yo grandson who lives with me and I really don't think the pizza soda and stuff is what is making him vomit maybe once but not all night and the next day.......Good Luck
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 3:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He has had pizza before and hotdogs is his favorite so yes I am shocked! He had one of each. He does not eat a lot of food at once.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thanks tomsjennabean! Some people are really rude. @Imogine He doesn't eat junk everyday. We eat a lot of healthy meals but am I going a uptight mother and never let him enjoy some junk every once in awhile NO! It was his birthday party! This is the FIRST time of him having an upset stomach!!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011