Why is it assumed that Pagan's don't understand Christianity?

Is it really so hard to understand that most Pagans WERE Christian?

**sorry, partial vent**

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because christians don't understand how we could CHOOSE to know and understand their beliefs and not follow them?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• THey also don't understand that without Pagans, most of the Christians would have been crucified. Because Christians hid their beliefs in the Pagan religion while under persecution.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Looks like some christian out there doesn't want to speak up.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Okay whoever voted me down is an idiot, because I learned that in Art History. Where the hell do you think the Christmas Tree came from? That was a PAGAN tradition. And Jesus was not born in December(winter) he was born in July(summer). They just celebrate his coming in December because it was easy to hide it in the Pagan Yule religion. Vote me down all you want, but the facts are still the same.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Why is it assumed that Christians don't understand Pagans? I think it goes both ways. Some people of all religions are unwilling to understand others. Fortunately, there are also those that aim to understand those with other beliefs. OP, from seeing your answers for over a year, I can see that you're one of the people who DO try to understand all belief systems, and I think that's great.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think someone on this thing just likes to vote people down for the hell of it. Perhaps someone's husband. lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'll take a stab...perhaps its similar to why I can't fully know about a vegan's lifestyle. As a complete foodie of all-things-not-snail-or-spinach, I can read about vegetarianism (?), I can even eat their meals, but I can't embrace it and really understand it because I can not ever give up my love of Memphis-style ribs. (I know, poor analogy, but i'm craving, though.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• why is it assumed that all Christians are close-minded? why is it assumed that all Baptists are extremists? why is it assumed that Atheists hate God?

its just one of those annoying things that come with the religion. there are a lot of uneducated (and ignorant) people out there who only know their religion.. "their way is the right way" kind of attitude. they know little about other religions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm willing to bet the people who voted me down are the close-minded people that I'm referring to. They couldn't dare believe that things could be the other way around, right? Hypocrites. You're really showing your true colors, even if you are too scared to say something and can only vote me down. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Because its assumed(wrongly I add)that if you leave Christianity you never were a believer to begin with and that you never fully understood the wonderfulness of God and Christ and all that they offer,etc.

You were weak enough to let Satan getcha.

I will just add... WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011