LOL Confirmation that I'm doing my job

So my daughter just turned 4 yesterday (Sunday the 13th). All weekend her room's been a mess, but it's also been a busy weekend because of her birthday. So, this morning I told her to clean her room. She's been procrastinating all morning as well.

About 10:00:
Me: Is your room clean yet?
Her: No, but...
Me: (interrupting her) Go clean your room NOW
Her: I DON'T WANT TO!
Me: I didn't ask you what you wanted, I told you to go clean your room, now do it.
Her: I HATE YOU! (as she's storming down the hallway towards her room)

All I could do was smile to myself and laugh inwardly.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 3:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't get it. That is a good thing?
    Anonymous

• My four year old tells me he hates me as he does what I told him to do! Its quite entertaining.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Amusing! Mine tell me Im mean and make them do everything.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• lol so far my 3 year old tells me that he's to tired or he's hungry....and i know he's ot because half the time he has food and it just sits there and dosent get eatten.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't really feel that it's OK for a child to tell a parent that they hate them. Personally I would correct that and let them realize that it's not kind to speak to you or anyone like that. Letting her know that she can say that she doesn't like to clean her room, or whatever it is would be better. If children use the "hate" word so easily, it just desensitizes them to the feelings of other people. I do understand the laughing inwardly! I wouldn't be laughing at the words that were used, but I can see you laughing at her drama!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 5:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Haha, I was just informed today i'm the meanest mom ever and he's going to walmart to buy a new mom because anyone would be nicer then me. I had the same reaction. When he woke up from his nap the first thing he said to me was good morning mommy, you're the best. I said I thought i was the meanest mommy ever and you wanted to buy a new one? He goes well if i bought a new one then I wouldn't have the best mommy ever! I know how you feel, you can't but smile and shake your head.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011